26 January, 2008

Sudden Realisations Can Suck

Everyone surely knows what a "Eureka! moment" is. What most people don't realise is that a sudden great idea is not the only way things can happen, the reverse of the "Eureka" or as I like to think of it "Akerue" is when you have a sudden realisation about something and see that it's all just going wrong.

I had one about that little story I was putting together, as much as I thought it would be a good story and that it might have even been genuinely interesting, it was a love story at it's core and I wouldn't write something that I wouldn't want to read. Obviously, this means my little "Akerue" moment was that I had wasted all that time thinking of developing the story.

Sure, I'll keep the fun stuff from it, but the core of the story needs complete revision so for now I'm just going to go develop random characters so that I can work a story around the new characters as something that I want to write.

No comments: