19 December, 2007

Nobody Reads This

It's annoying, I write this blog and I'm sure that I have some readers out there who have stumbled across my ramblings, but I can't tell and from all the evidence I have right now, nobody actually bothers to read this.

Makes me wonder, are my opinions just that pointless? Do I go on too much without having a clue why and illicit the good old "tl;dr" response? Or do I have a bajillion readers and nobody wants to comment?

It's a weird little conundrum because I've been thinking that it would be amusing to write a book on the same lines as this blog. A couple hundred pages of opinion, backed by faulty reason and pop-culture references. In terms of marketability I think there's something to it, there are people out there who will read anything if they think it benefits them in some way, so if I played it off as a explanation of the thinking of a "child of the internet" it could probably sell to the older generations who want to understand their kids. Of course, everyone else can just go read a better written blog for free, but who cares about them?

Now, I'd never actually bother to write a book like that unless a publisher approached me with a big sack of cash, but I do think that there is some merit to the idea even if I'm probably not the best person to execute it.

Which brings me back to point, I don't know if anyone reads this so all I have to work from here is assumptions on what I think the response is. This book idea could be a source of millions or it could be completely stupid.

On the other hand though, the only reason I ever started doing this was to waste time rambling on about subjects that I felt like talking about. An open-ended rant with no purpose or direction other than to see how far my brain takes it and to possibly entertain a few people who are more cynical than I am and are amused by the fact that my views are stupid, bias and devoid of reason.

In short people, if you're reading this blog, let me know. It may not be well advertised, the views of the writer may be moronic and excessively long, but sometimes it's nice to know that I'm not completely anonymous and wasting my time.

That being said, I realise that asking for feedback defies the original purpose of this blog, but this book idea. . . I really want to see something published with the title "LAWL BEWBIES!" and anything that even hints that could be a reality would amuse me.

No comments: