27 December, 2007

Writer's Block

Generally I update this little blog when I have an idea stuck in my mind and feel like writing about it to kill some time.

But right now, I'm sitting on nothing that really fits this blog and unfortunately I know exactly why.

You see, that last entry I made which mentioned the whole "writing a book" thing actually stuck with me, except writing a book that is an extended version of this blog just isn't interesting. Sure it might have a few things that people would enjoy but overall a lot of it would be complete and utter trash. Knowing this, I had to think of a better way to try my hand at writing a book and instead of this extended rant thing I thought maybe a more standard novel would be more fun.

Getting something published would be a complete nightmare and I doubt there would even be any point, but I'm not above mental masturbation. I would gladly write and entire novel and not show it to anyone just so that I knew I could do it.

The fact that I know I'm a bad writer means that I know the odds of me showing it off after it's done is pretty slim.

Anyhow, I did have a point I kinda wanted to make this time, even if I am devoid of my usual material and that point has to do with Bunny Puppy. I'm sure most of the people who venture here are aware of Bunny Puppy, but for those that don't remember, I used to do a little comic with a toy named Bunny Puppy that looked a little like this:

Clicky Clicky

As you can see, it relies more on cuteness than my artistic ability, but nonetheless there has been quite a bit of demand for BP to make a return.

This combined with my fascination with Terry Pratchett's characterisation of Death gave me an interesting idea for a story that I can actually turn into something worth reading. Of course, I don't want to copy the Discworld Death, that would be plagiarism, but the actual character of Death is just a goldmine and there are so many ways it can be taken that when combined with Bunny Puppy and my own natural need be negative or "realistically cynical" does seem to be an interesting mix.

Now I just need to learn how to write a story and I'm going to really do this.

It also means that in order to come up with ideas I may do BP comics (which I did kinda promise would return next year) again. But that does require me getting Photoshop back so it may be difficult to pull that bit off.

All in all, I have me some grand plans ahead, none will probably ever come to fruition, but it's enough to keep me occupied.

No comments: