04 November, 2007

Unabandonisedish

I'm so incredibly bored that I figure I might get around to doing something that I haven't done in months.

Or not, rearranging the furniture in my bedroom is a boring activity and there isn't much I can do now that I've got the whole cable TV thing forcing me to leave the TV in the one spot.

Terrible jokes aside, I'm going to try blogging again, if only because I have a strange feeling that life will become incredibly boring in the next couple of weeks and I might as well record the really dull stuff for the world at large to read. Because nobody wants to read blogs about interesting things, now do they?

So, what's happened in my life since I abandoned my blog? Apparently quite a lot, but in reflection not really that much, but let's make a list for shits and giggles.

- Quit Subway
- Got a real job (I actually start tomorrow)
- Abandoned the ideals of being a teenager and turned into a desperate early 20s . . . thing
- Killed my old laptop
- Bought a new one for less than it would have cost to repair the old one (whilst still buying a Mac, which shows JUST how expensive fixing the old one would have been)
- Failed my driving test
- Some other minor things not really making note of

Oh yeah, there was also this thing with this girl named Su, won't bore you with the details but looks like I abandoned the whole single thing as well as the teenage thing, at about the same time too.

Moving right along, it turns out that the real job I got requires me to travel into the CBD every morning to get my ass in by 9am.

Not a problem in the slightest, seeing as Subway (before the whole management thing) required me to do that except instead of getting there at 9am I had to get there at 7:30am. The main difference between TRC and Subway is that TRC is about 750m (call it half a mile to the Americans) from Naked Coffee whereas Subway is pretty much two streets over from it. On the other hand, to avoid walking the 750m WITH coffee, I'd have to walk almost 1km without coffee to catch the train.

So my options are bus from outside my house and get coffee then walk, or train from 1km away and take my chances operating without caffeine.

It also means I can buy myself breakfast from places I know, at least for the initial period until I get used to the stores around my work then I can just catch two buses instead of one, barely walk at all, and get fat and lazy because my job requires very little moving from a comfy chair. At least, so I've been told, unless they lied to me.

They probably lied to me.

2 comments:

jayjayne said...

D:

Le sorries once again - I'll take you shopping when I finish exams :D

(Which is like, hell for you, but since you don't necessarily believe in heaven, there really is not hell, so yay!)

Trjn said...

How did you come to the conclusion that I wanted to go shopping exactly? I mean, I could read over my entry again and work out if there's anything there hinting at it (I don't exactly pay attention to what I write) but I'm meant to be "working" right now.