13 June, 2007

Buttsecks?

You know how there are misheard song lyrics? Great fun and can lead to high levels of amusement such as in the case of Nightwish's Wishmaster. . .

Well, I've found something better. Just in a slightly different way.

Don't worry, I've done this before,
It'll hurt like hell and leave you sore.

Those are actual lyrics from Sonata Arctica's Fly With The Black Swan.

Now, completely devoid of context, even those with pure minds should be able to have a giggle at the sexual connotations. For those who are completely depraved, beings such as myself who have been raised by the internet, there's more than just a giggle available for such great lyrics.

For those wanting full context, you're going to have to apply your Google-fu to this one, or go buy the album Unia.

Now for more Sonata Arctica related goodness, because I spent an unhealthy amount of time last night researching them on the source of all knowledge, as well as watching some hilarious videos of Tony Kakko (that's the lead singer) doing an imitation of a muppet.

I seem to have a little thing for insane people. Here's hoping it's not a case of "like attracts like" because my interest in Sonata Arctica, Terry Pratchett and my habit of dating woman who seem to fall under the categories of "batshit insane", "los loco", "jibbawut?" ,or "just plain odd" (in some cases all four), not to mention the amount of time I spend on online forums. . . I'm starting to get worried, a blog post about Sonata Arctica's awesomeness has made me come to the realisation that I might very well be truly insane. That doesn't seem right. I can't be insane, it must be the rest of the world.

Random Quote edited in for fun:
God Squad lady: Praise Jesus! You won't be saved without Jesus! You have to start believing in Jesus to be saved! Jesus will always be there for you!
Suit #1: Would it be so awful if we pushed her out when the doors open?
Suit #2: No. Jesus will save her.

3 comments:

jayjayne said...

"batshit insanse,"

I don't recall being that. Or having such horrendous spelling and grammar... or perhaps that's as I occaisionally use spellcheck.

:3

Trjn said...

"batshit insane" is more of the "dear lord, I need to be in another state right now" type situation. Like Jarman's Asami. Nobody I've dated really fits that mold, but I love the term, so it was slotted in there.

Also, irony: "perhaps that's as I occaisionally use spellcheck."

jayjayne said...

Shush, you.