06 January, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

It's a little bit wet today. A lot bit wet, if you want to be precise but let's not bother with details, the important thing is that I woke up this early afternoon to some high humidity and a clingy dog who could apparently see this coming.

That's right, my dull-witted pet seemed to know the water was incoming and decided that was a good excuse to come say "hello" and get a little attention. It would have been better if he just closed the windows because there are now several extremely wet patches of carpet around the house, which is normally a sign of a house member with a weak bladder but in this case means a lot of rain got in very quickly.

Overall the best part of this little sun shower is that my sister's car was getting aired (don't ask me, I didn't decide to do it) so the windows were open. In the 30 seconds that I was outside stopping the liquid from penetrating her vehicle's interior my body was soaked to the bone. There really was quite a bit of water.

Torrential downpours do have a nice upside though, because most of this week has had similar weather the dams may actually have some water in them. . . I can shower for more than 43 seconds without worrying bout draining the last of the city's water supply. Now my showers can be an amazing 47 seconds in length!

No comments: