23 November, 2007

A Day Of Awesome?

Yesterday was a weird day.

There were many awesome little tidbits throughout, but quite a lot of boredom and physical pain.

In terms of awesome, Dave the backwards talker (ie, a guy who talks backwards on the radio for the fun of it) said a couple of palindromes I submitted, including "Devil never even lived" which is just pure awesome.

Randall Monroe inspired me to create a ballpit somewhere in my house, or at the least make plans to have one when I get my own place (check out his blag for all the fun little details and some pictures. The little sketches I made for a dedicated ballpit/recreation room are impossible to decipher, but include a raised platform at the back for cushions/beanbags/couches, a fridge tucked away in the raised platform, a 2.5m x 2.5m x 0.6m ballpit, with a little platform on the side for the TV and well . . . despite costing several thousand dollars would just be pure awesome to have as a room in a house. I envy whoever gets the joy of living with me when I get one.

But then you have the not so awesome things that happened yesterday. I suffered numerous papercuts thanks to the latest batch of mailouts, and I still can't work out why papercuts sting so fucking much. I had to arrange discussions with a couple of guys who had no idea what was going on, and because all I knew was that they needed to have discussions with one of the mediators I couldn't do much more than "lolidunno, when can u talk?" There was the sheer joy of sending out masses of rejection emails to people who applied for jobs for a company we recruit for, and now I'm sifting through people saying "thanks for telling me that" and "wtf, i r so gud u must hav had orsm ppl apply cos i r teh greetest!".

Then getting home I was just completely out of it, something that is happening increasingly often for some odd reason, because I was never like that after working at Subway. I may have hated the world coming home from my shifts but I was never out of it, but coming home from working here I just feel . . . drained. It's incredibly weird because my workload is pretty minimal, hell, I spend a large portion of my day browsing Gaia and watching the occasional YouTube clip.

Maybe my body is just in desperate need of adjusting to doing next to nothing again.

No comments: