29 June, 2007

Diregard the last bit

So, they finally had a little chat with me.

Starting Wednesday I'm going to be working at the Market Square store as . . . well, they didn't say the exact title, but I'm going to go with "Day Manager." As in the guy who manages the store during the day.

I gets me a payrise, Same hours, but significantly less work. A new job title to stick on the resume and a greater sense of power to abuse.

As far as I can tell, the basic idea is that I go there and try and get the employees there to stop sucking. Possibly train them so that they're good enough to work at Queen St/QUT should the need arise or failing that, get them good enough to not suck. I can hire people provided they speak fluent English (that is quite literally the only thing that I have to make sure of aside from thinking that they'll be good), and I have to do all the paperwork, which is quite minimal.

The only downside is that until the end of September, I have to work Saturday mornings, so no Friday night fun for me, looks like I have to make up for it on Saturday nights. Oh, and after the end of September, I can decide to stay on as a full manager, part-time manager (and go back to studying), go back to Queen St (although why I'd do that is beyond me) or quit.

Either way, more money, less work.

Oh yeah, and I don't think I'll be able to go to Naked Coffee in the mornings anymore.

No comments: