16 November, 2007

How Am I Meant To NOT Make Fun?

I watched the "So You Think You Can Dance" finalle last night whilst flicking between various sitcoms.

I don't know how someone can watch that show and not make comments about how ridiculous and stupid the majority of things on it are. Between guys in skirts with the whole slit thing along one side bit going on, guys in heels, people doing random cartwheels/flips/whatever, and the guy in clogs making random clicking noises with his feet, thrusting his hips and twirling. . . I just can't see how the point of the show is anything other than humour.

Probably the highlight of the show for me was what I like to think of as "whore in a box." Nicole (I think she was the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls, a group I think is completely without merit, not that anyone needs to really have me tell them that to work it out) in a box singing her little song very badly, coming out and spouting random little whoreism like "I will do anything" (repeated several times so people would get the point that she really will do anything), making the odd dance move and then of course singing badly, especially in the bit where she deviated from the song to get the crowd involved or something.

There are just so many elements of dancing that I think are essentially retarded. Especially dance routines that are supposably telling a story or whatever the hell the point is to them. Explain it as much as you like, you're just making a string of ridiculous motions in an exercise that does not result in anything. Sort of like playing with a Wii, but without the fun.

Sure there are occasional things that look cool, but they're so heavily surrounded by weird shit that all you can do is stop laughing for a moment to go "not bad. . . oh god why the hell are you thrusting your stomach with your hands held out???"

In other news. . . I have no other news, good day all.

No comments: